Interpretation of early black and white haitian love songs

...Cocorosie...


Oceans wept
Moutains slept
Sidewalks crumbled to ash
Your name remains
In children's lullabies
And your eyes forever in the sky


Pull me close
Dear i'm tremblin'
Hold me tight
I'm afraid to the night
Blackness fills the room
Your love burns bright


Oh summer winds
Remind me of your kiss
Soft and warm
I never want to leave this


I never wanted to say goodbye
I'd throw myself to the sea
If god promised you're inside
We'd float to island paradise
And i'd become your bride


The countryside looks bare
Without you lying in her grass
The stream is dry
And the crickets silent
There's no music in the night
I'd become smoke
And hide in your cigarette pack


To be a star
Tossing light
To sparkle in your eyes
I'd become an angel
And kiss this earth goodbye


Destiny
Used to be
Just a word to me
But heaven sure was right
When they said jesus left somethin' behind


Every inch of this body
I'd plate in gold for you
Even though i ain't got no money
I'd do it just to keep you


Your eyes appear
In every one of my dreams
They glitter and they gleam
Like the first time we meet


The chickens crowed
And i knowed you're home
My spirit ran to greet you
Before my feet left the porch

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.