my favorite movie of all time



note the symmetry in almost every scene. you can watch it all on you tube in ten parts. I wont post it here because you know how to do that. Sayat Nova is a famous Armenian poet and his poems are used to narrate the film. here are excerpts I have compiled from the movie that I think are particularly beautiful:

"in the sun valley of the distant years, live my longings, my loves, and my childhood."

"a poet dies but his muse is immortal"

"my songs alone will not desert me"

"From the colors and aromas of this world, my childhood made a poet's lyre and offered it to me."

"We were searching for ourselves in each other."

"i hear calls of homecoming and hope, but i am weary. Who has spread all this sorrow upon this old and weary earth?"

"the bread you gave us was beautiful, but the soil is even more beautiful. I'll go and soon turn to dust. I am weary, I am weary"

"go then selfless heart, and find your place of refuge. I will go and search the monasteries one by one"

"How am I to protect my wax-built castles of love from the devouring heat of your fires?"

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to my favorite movie of all time

  1. PK says:

    just watching now, incredible.