Jamie Lidell put out a new album in April titled JIM and now he's going on tour and I am SOOOO EXCITED TO SEE HIM. This guy is a straight up genius little white man with a voice like Al Green. If you live in LA, he is playing at the El Rey on May 29th. Here's an episode from a 3 part short film album preview thingy featuring my favorite songs off the new album:
And if you ever want to hear some real shit (by that i mean if you're into idm & warp records), check out his (perhaps?) oldest album, Muddlin' Gear. It's the coolest EVER and it's actually helping me study for finals right now.
"Multiply" from his older album, "Multiply"
"If I could swallow the sky, and the mountains too, I'd do it, so there'd be nothing to fall on you, cause in a world full of wonder, don't let it all pull you under, there's still a little wonder left in you" - Jamie
JIMMMM!!
Posted on
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Post a Comment