Weekend Experiences



Saw this movie called Killer of Sheep that my friend let me borrow. It's really great. Up there is there trailer. Apparently Charles Burnett made this as a student at UCLA with a budget less than $10,000. The film was shot in Watts and portrays the life of a lower-class African American family. The father works at a slaughterhouse and the kids play with rocks all day. The women are powerful and sassy and the soundtrack is unbelievable. There's not much of a plot so think of it more as a documentary/commentary.

Soundtrack listing:

"This Bitter Earth" by Dinah Washington
"My Curly Haired Baby" by Paul Robeson
"The House I Live in" by Paul Robeson
"Going Home" by Paul Robeson
"I Wonder" by Cecil Gant and Raymond Leveen
Performed by Cecil Gant
"Symphony No. 1 ('Afro American')" by William Grant Still
"Reasons" by Earth Wind & Fire
"I Believe" by Elmore James
"Piano Concerto # 4" by Sergei Rachmaninoff
"Unforgettable" by Dinah Washington
"Shake Hands" by Faye Adams
"Mean Old World" by Little Walter
"It's All Your Fault Baby" by Lowell Fulson
"Mean Old Frisco Blues" by Arthur Crudup
"Poet and Peasant Overture" by Franz von Suppé
"Solace" by Scott Joplin
"West End Blues" by Louis Armstrong

Copyright issues make this unavailable so i'm gonna make a mix and post it later.



On another note, I saw Boredoms last night, it was tight.

This entry was posted in ,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.