I began watching this movie last night at 1 am. I was told it would be a little slow but I did not go to sleep until it was over. I was a little bit too involved for anything sleep-related. Maybe it's because I am crazy about Edith Piaf, I have strong emotional connections to her music, she is my ultimate outlet for anger and sadness. She was a small lady with a powerful voice, The Little Sparrow, they called her. She led a life full of struggles, augmented by the few (or many.. whichever way you look at it) joyous moments that were brought on by her fame and recognition.
With that said, Marion Cotillard became Edith Piaf. I don't understand how such a strong personality can be emulated so perfectly to the point where you believe the movie is in fact real footage of Edith Piaf's life and performances.
If you are unfamiliar with Edith Piaf, I'd suggest watching some of her performances before you see the actual movie. You can barely tell the difference between the two. The hand gestures, the facial expressions, I was blown away by her performance in the movie.
L'accordeoniste
Milord
And here are the last few scenes of the movie:
You really have to see this movie, i am so moved by its beauty and perfection.
La Vie En Rose (La Mome)
Posted on
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Post a Comment